Membership Information, Requirements and Contact
The purpose of the Berlin Bears Interact Service Club is to help members develop character, responsibility, and the skills necessary to become productive, contributing citizens by providing opportunities for members to help those in need in our school, community and internationally.
All Bear students are eligible for membership to the Interact Service Club. Official membership is determined both by the hours of active service and by the member’s reliability in attendance at those Interact Service Club events in which the member participates. New and returning members will indicate their intent to join during August-September each year by completing an application and paying annual dues ($10 per year + $5 one-time T-shirt fee).
- Members will earn club hours based on their level of involvement in Interact Service Club activities from August-April (summer activities will count toward total hours but will not be included in minimum number of required hours for an academic year)
- Each member must earn a minimum of 24 hours per academic year to remain in the club in good standing
- 14 hours must be through volunteering
- 10 hours may be earned through donations
- Only members who earn a total of 145 hours during their total time as a club member will be awarded Interact Service Club graduation cords
- Attend (in-person, when applicable) or watch quarterly meetings and view updates on the club Schoology page
- Communicate with advisors and student leaders regarding participation in club sponsored activities and events
ITEMS OF NOTE
- Interact Service Club hours will be awarded for those pre-approved activities (posted on the Interact Service Club Schoology Group or approved by an advisor) that are above and beyond participation in any other school function, class, club, sport, or activity. Service to these other organizations are valuable, but do not count toward Interact Service Club membership hours especially if another group, of which you are a part, benefitted monetarily. Activities not included on the Schoology page are eligible as long as they are not related to a required school activity.
- Event specific meetings/contact may take place prior to a scheduled event and will be announced by the Interact Service student leader(s) in charge of the event.
- Members are responsible for tracking hours, obtaining stamps and signatures, and submitting activities each semester.
- Members will abide by the regulations of the Olentangy Berlin High School Code of Conduct during each Interact Service Club activity.
The Olentangy Berlin Interact Service Club has created a partnership with The Rotary club of Delaware. Please visit the Delaware Rotary Club website to learn more about this community organization and its outreach.
For more information about our club, reach out to advisors:
Monthly activities and events
Alexis Milesky: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kayla Schmidt: email@example.com
Membership, dues, and records
Natalie Taylor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or follow us on Twitter: Olentangy Berlin Interact Service Club @BerlinInteract